Make your own cannabis infused honey right at home! Possibly one of my most used infusions and it really is simple to make! You can either use a crock pot, or take a trick I learned from the incredible Monica from Sous Weed and use a sous vide! Use your honey to sweeten your coffee or tea, drizzle it over pizza (trust me), add it to protein-balls, put it in sauces or marinades, the possibilities are really endless. Please see notes for information on dosing.
You will need to make sure your cannabis flower has been decarboxylated before making your honey. For help with how to do this you can check out my Decarboxylating page!
I recommend to labeling any infusions and ALWAYS keeping them away from children, pets, or un-expecting individuals. Please enjoy safely and responsibly!
Cannabis Infused Honey
- Sous Vide or Crock Pot
- Mason jar with fitting lid
- Mesh Strainer
- Measuring Cup
- 1/4 ounce Decarboxylated Cannabis Flower
- 2 cups Honey
- Make sure your cannabis flower has been decarboxylated. If you need a how-to check out my post on decarbing cannabis!
- Pour 2 cups of honey into a glass jar.
- Add in your decarbed cannabis flower and seal with lid. Place either a canning mat or a dish cloth in the bottom of your crock pot to create a buffer to protect your glass jar.
- Fill your crock pot, or a large stock pot if using a sous-vide, with water to just almost cover your jar.
- Heat your sous vide water bath to 180 degrees F. Or alternatively turn your crock pot on high heat, use a thermometer to heat to 180 degrees and then turn the heat to low.
- Carefully lower your mason jar into your water bath or crock pot and infuse for 4 hours, swirling gently every so often.
- After 4 hours, remove from heat and strain through a cheesecloth lined mesh strainer over a large measuring cup. Really scrape down the sides of the jar to ensure you get as much of the honey as you can. Transfer to a clean mason jar and seal. Your canna-honey is ready to use!