I love me a good spice cake, especially this time of year for obvious reasons. This spice cake with infused maple cream cheese frosting just knocks it out of the park for me, and I hope it will for you too! It’s moist thanks to the sour cream + coconut oil, and full of those flavorful fall spices. The frosting speaks to me because I honestly just love maple anything and this one is just toooo good. This cake can easily be made “flower-free,” for those who would rather enjoy it sans cannabis, just replace the canna butter with regular unsalted butter!
ALWAYS label and keep completely out of reach of children, pets and un-expecting individuals.
Dosage will be specific to your specific infused butter. It’s recommended to start with a low dose of 5mg per serving. For help with making your own infused butter, click here. For help with calculating dosage, click here.
Spice Cake with Infused Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Mixing bowls
- Cake pan
- Rubber spatula
- Stand or hand mixer
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1/2 tsp All-spice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 cup Packed brown sugar
- 1 cup Sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- 3 Large eggs
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
Infused Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces Cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp Canna-butter softened
- 6 tbsp Regular unsalted butter softened
- 3 cups Powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Maple extract
- Pinch of salt
For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour your bundt cake pan and set aside.
- Combine your flour, baking powder/soda, and spices together in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the oil, yogurt or sour cream, sugar, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. Whisk together thoroughly.
- Slowly incorporate your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and mix together until smooth.
- Pour into your greased cake pan and bake for 45-55 minutes. A toothpick or knife should come out clean when it's finished. You can cover it loosely with foil if you your top starts to brown before the inside is fully baked.
- Once the cake is done, let it cook for about 20-30 minutes while you make the frosting.
- After cooling, run a sharp knife along the edges of the cake and carefully invert it onto a cooling rack.
- Make sure your cake is fully cooled and then you can begin frosting! Enjoy!
- In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, butters and powdered sugar together. Mix thoroughly with a stand or hand mixer until smooth.
- Add in your maple extract & salt, give another mix being sure to scrape down the sides. Place into a piping bag or set aside if you plan to just spreading it on.